主题

回帖

6万

积分

管理员

积分
QQ
发表于 2013-10-29 16:54:35 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
新视野大学英语读写教程1-第二版课后练习答案.doc (313.5 KB, 下载次数: 865)

主题

回帖

6万

积分

管理员

积分
QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2013-10-29 16:54:36 | 显示全部楼层
新视野大学英语(第2版)第1册Unit 1答案        1
新视野大学英语(第2版)第1册Unit 2答案        2
新视野大学英语(第二版)第1册Unit 3答案        3
新视野大学英语(第二版)第1册Unit 4答案        4
新视野大学英语(第二版)第1册Unit 5答案        5
新视野大学英语(第二版)第1册Unit 6答案        7
新视野大学英语(第二版)第1册Unit 7答案        8
新视野大学英语(第二版)第1册Unit 8答案        9
新视野大学英语(第2版)第1册Unit 9答案        10
新视野大学英语(第2版)第1册Unit 10答案        11
新视野大学英语(第2版)第1册Unit 1答案  
III. 1. rewarding 2. communicate 3. access 4. embarrassing 5. positive 6. commitment 7. virtual 8. benefits 9. minimum 10. opportunities
IV. 1. up 2. into 3. from 4. with 5. to 6. up 7. of 8. in 9. for 10.with
V. 1.G 2.B 3.E 4.I 5.H 6.K 7.M 8.O 9.F 10.C
Sentence Structure
VI.
1. Universities in the east are better equipped, while those in the west are relatively poor.
2. Allan Clark kept talking the price up, while Wilkinson kept knocking it down.
3. The husband spent all his money drinking, while his wife saved all hers for the family.
4. Some guests spoke pleasantly and behaved politely, while others wee insulting and impolite.
5. Outwardly Sara was friendly towards all those concerned, while inwardly she was angry.
VII.
1. Not only did Mr. Smith learn the Chinese language, but he also bridged the gap between his culture and ours.
2. Not only did we learn the technology through the online course, but we also learned to communicate with friends in English.
3. Not only did we lose all our money, but we also came close to losing our lives.
4. Not only do the workers want a pay increase, but they also want reduced working hours.
5. Not only is the house expensive, but it is also too far away from my company.
Translation
VIII.
1. Not only can students choose when and where to learn for an online course, but they can also take time to think through answers before making a reply.
2. She is excited by the idea of online learning while be considers it meaningless and useless.
3. Communicating with native English speakers is a very rewarding experience from which we can learn a lot.
4. Today, more and more people have access to the Internet through which they look for the information they need.
5. He wants her to give up working and stay home to look after the children. She feels, however, that this is too much for her.
6. Now that we have finished the course, we shall start doing more revision work.
IX.
1. 我永远都不会忘记那位老师,是他告诉我学外语是有趣的、有价值的。如果没有他,我的英语说得不会像现在这样好。
2 没有任何其他语言能像英语那样让你感受到多姿多彩的世界文化。有了过硬的英语知识,你就可以体验奇妙的文化之旅。
3. 写作不仅仅要写老师布置的话题,而且要写自己感兴趣的东西,例如,给朋友写电子邮件。
4. 远程教学课程是指授课者与学生通过计算机通信技术进行交流的课程。
5. 英语不但是世界上最有用的语言,也是世界上最易学、易用的语言之一。
6远程教学课程在时间安排上给予学生更多的自由,但与其他课程比,这些课程要求学生有更强的自律能力。
Cloze
1. B 2.A 3.B 4.B 5.C 6,C 7.B 8.A 9.a 10.B 11.A 12.A 13.B 14.A 15.B
Structured Writing
XII. I am proud to say that I succeeded in learning a foreign language. It was a real challenge and, needless to say, it took a lot of practice. I carried a small dictionary with me everywhere I went as well as a notebook in which I listed new words I came across. I also managed my time carefully so that I met the standards of the course and finished assignments on time. After years of persistence, I reaped the benefits of all my hard work.
Section B
Reading Skills
1. 1.C 2.B 3.D 4. A 5. B
Comprehension of the Text
II.
1.C 2.A 3.B 4.C 5.D 6.B 7.C 8.D
Vocabulary
1. community 2. effective 3. unique 4. committed 5. reinforce 6. perspective 7. explicit 8. challenge 9. hindered 10. arose
IV.
1. for 2. with 3. on 4. on 5. on 6. of 7. in 8. up 9. of 10.In

新视野大学英语(第2版)第1册Unit 2答案
III.
1. appeals 2. identity 3. concern 4. disgusting 5. upset 6. influence 7. offensive 8. burst 9. stuff 10. thorough
IV.
1. off/ down 2. off 3. as 4. on 5. for 6. on/upon 7. to 8. over 9. in 10.of
V. 1.H 2.F 3.D 4.K 5.B 6.C 7.L 8.I 9.O 10. N
Sentence Structure
VI.
1. Kate saw her brother Bill as she was getting off the school bus.
   Or: As she was getting off the school bus, Kate saw her brother Bill.
2. As she was standing up from he seat, mother dropped the glass to the ground.
   Or: Mother dropped the glass to the ground as she was standing up from her seat.
3. A policeman fired at a thief as the thief was bolting out of the house.
   Or: As the thief was bolting out of the house, a policeman fired at him.
4. As she ran to catch the school bus, Sandy thought of her talk with her mother.
   Or: Sandy thought of he talk with her mother as she ran to catch the school bus.
5. As the teacher entered the classroom, all the students shouted “Happy birthday” to him.
   Or: All the students shouted “Happy Birthday” to him as the teacher entered the classroom.
VII.
1. She listened to her favorite rock music while singing along with the words.
2. She was putting on her jeans while asking me to hand her the sweater.
3. He banged on the door while opening it.
4. In the bathroom she put on some makeup while looking in the mirror.
5. The schoolmaster shot an angry glance at the naughty first grader while talking with his parents.
Translation:
VIII.
1. As she was about to turn off the music, her father burst into he room and shouted at her, “Can’t you turn down the music a little bit?”
2. the owner of the bar kept watching the girl dancing while pretending not to.
3. Rock music appealed to Sandy so much that she turned it up, paying no attention to her father’s objection.
4. As usual, when his parents don’t like what he wears, they start bugging him.
5. At the meeting they discussed how to keep the lines of communication open between teachers and students.
6. It makes my blood boil to think of these young boys and girls who are forced by their parents to beg for money along the streets.
IX.
1. 我认为那些在镇上游手好闲、在身上又文身又穿洞的青少年是在表达他们的个性。
2. 因特网提供了一种更快捷的方式,让我们与全球的新老客户取得联系,并保持沟通渠道畅通无阻。
3. 父母与自己十多岁的孩子的沟通问题不仅仅在于“代沟”,而且还在于双方都不完全理解对方的思想。
4. 当父母与子女有了这类沟通障碍时,青少年面临的问题可能更大。
5. 青少年常常要经历这么一个阶段,在这个阶段,他们觉得父母会让他们没面子,害怕他们达不到自己朋友的标准。
6. 比如,青少年希望在外呆到很晚,但是当第二天早上要起床上学时,那又是另一回事了。
Cloze
X.
1. B 2.B 3.A 4.A 5.A 6.A 7.A 8.B 9.C 10.B 11.A 12.A 13.A 14.C 15.A 16.C 17.B 18.A 19.A 20.C
Structured Writing
XII. The first thing you should do t make tea is to boil water. While waiting for it to boil, you can get your teapot out and put the right amount of tea leaves into it. When the water has come to boil, pour it into the teapot. Then wait for a few minutes to let the leaves steep. Next? Enjoy the tea.
Section B
Reading skills
I. 1.F 2.F 3.O 4.O 5.F plus O 6.O 7.O 8.O
II. 1.C 2.A 3.B 4.D 5.D 6.C 7.B 8.A
Vocabulary
III.
1. entitled 2. ruin 3. evaluate 4. trend 5. attitude 6. tend       7. curiosity 8. applying 9. response 10. concept
IV.
1. to 2. in 3. between 4.about 5. across 6.to 7.to 8.in 9.to 10.for

新视野大学英语(第二版)第1册Unit 3答案

Vocabulary
III.
1. Inwardly  2. regret  3. occasion  4. complained  5. urged
6. coordinate  7. reluctance  8. envy  9. adjust  10. amazed
IV.
1. in  2. of  3. on  4. on  5. to  6. out  7. to  8. to  9. on  10. about
V.
1. O 2.J 3.N 4.L 5.I  6.C 7.H 8.E 9.A 10.F
Sentence Structure:
VI.
1. He had his ears pierced even though I told him not to.
2. It was exciting game even though no goals were scored.
3. He was treated exactly like all the other workers even though he had just joined the company.
4. Even though you disagree with her, she’s worth listening to.
5. There was never enough money to support his family even though he was hard-working and did two jobs at the same time.
VII.
1. After learning some simple Chinese, the American girl was able to communicate with the other students in her class.
2. When doing the writing exercise for this course, you should remember that you are writing according to a specific structure.
3. Until finished, the problem was a continuous worry to me.
4. While working at the computer, the young man was listening to music over the radio all the time.
5. The grass will grow more quickly if watered regularly.
Translation
VIII.
1. I have decided to accept the new post, even though the job is not very well paid.
2. The job has been taken to be very simple until (it is) actually started.
3. Now that you are planning to move to Canada, you must try to adjust to cold weather in winter.
4. He promised to help us to buy the house, but with a little reluctance.
5. This is an important meeting. Please see to it that you are not late for it.
6. He is experienced businessman who has engaged in foreign trade for quite a few years.
IX.
1. 他决心向那个女孩谈自己的计划,即使他知道她很可能拒绝听。
2. 一离开那条长长的正街,他就发现自己身处城里十分贫穷的区域。
3. 听到那首歌,我不禁悲从中来,想起了那些困苦的日子。
4. 每个想过健康生活的人,都必须在工作和娱乐之间寻求适当的平衡。
5. 我的第一位老板真让人讨厌,让每个人日子难过似乎是他的乐趣。我干了没多久就走人了。
6. 你能确保在本周末之前完成这项工作吗?伦敦有重要公干,总公司正在考虑派你去。
Cloze
X. 1.A 2.B 3.C 4.B 5.B  6.A 7.B 8.B 9.C 10.A
11.C 12.C 13.A 14.B 15.C 16. C 17.C 18.A 19.B 20.A
XII
All of my classmates believe that Sandy has a good taste for music. The music she listens to always has a clear, strong rhythm and the music has a message for us to think about. Also, the words in the music are just like poems, so beautiful and easy for us to remember.
Section B
Reading Skills
I.
1. They found the man.
2. He reached the airport in time.
3. The old man dimly saw the young man.
4. The young marine sat by the old man the whole night.
5. A message came saying the real son was arriving
Comprehension of the text
II.
1.A 2.C 3.B 4.C 5.C   6.A 7.B 8.B
Vocabulary
III
1.sole 2. extend 3. startle 4. located 5. inform 6. interrupted 7. collapsed 8. exchange 9. apparent 10. enable
IV
1. The government has called for an immediate investigation of the activities of the police.
2. We applied the medicine and in a few minutes Mrs. Johnson came to.
3. She coldly said goodbye to her friends. With that she shut the door and cried in the room.
4. Whatever your reason, I shall hold to my idea that people should be allowed to have private lives.
5. To our surprise the stranger turned out to be allowed to an old friend of my mother’s.
6. He’s not in the office; he’s now on his way to London for a meeting.
7. When setting out on a long walk, always wear suitable shoes.
8. He was too disappointed by this lack of success to try again.
9. The couple loves each other dearly, but now and again they quarrel.
10. In the subway station the poor old woman begged the passengers for money, but they paid no attention to her.

新视野大学英语(第二版)第1册Unit 4答案
Vocabulary
III.
1. conscious 2. depressed 3. ranges 4. impressed 5. encounter
6. introduction 7. match 8. physical 9. relaxed 10.contact
IV.
1. are committed to 2. takes…seriously 3. was absorbed in 4. focus on 5. made up his mind 6. driving me crazy 7. ranging from… to 8. at her best 9. Lighten up 10.kept her eyes on
V.
1.C 2.M 3.F 4.I 5. E 6.B 7. H 8.J 9.A 10.K
Sentence Structure
VI.
1. It rained for two weeks on end completely flooding the village.
2. Not wanting to meet John at the party, she refused to attend it.
3. The bus arrived one hour late, causing me to miss the beginning of the game.
4. The marine sat thee in the dimly lit ward, holding the old man’s hand and offering words of hope and strength.
5. Realizing he was too sick to tell whether or not I was his son, I guessed he really needed me.
VII.
1. I was so excited about going traveling (that) I couldn’t sleep.
2. The chairman became so angry with his secretary (that) he decided to fire him.
3. She speaks English so well (that) you would think it was he native language.
4. He was so frightened (that) he broke eye contact and looked out the window.
5. His presentation was so interesting (that) everyone listened very carefully.
Translation
VII.
1. she was so absorbed in reading the book that she was not conscious of someone coming in.
2. He was late for almost an hour for the first meeting, leaving a bad impression on everyone.
3. Consciously or unconsciously, we make up our minds about people through their eyes, faces, bodies, and attitudes.
4. Professor Zhou was committed to the cause of language teaching all his life.
5. Many how-to books advise you that if you want to make a good impression, the trick is to be consistently you, at your best.
6. The media sometimes sends mixed messages, but most people believe what they see over what they hear.
IX.
1. 史密斯教授关于形体语言的讲座非常重要,所有的学生都认真地对待这次讲座。
2. 董事长意识到这不是好的过错,对好笑了笑来缓和气氛。
3. 她大怒,把我的杯子摔在地上,摔得粉碎。
4. 观察他的形体语言,你可以判断出他是在跟你说实话还是仅仅找个借口敷衍你。
5. 不管人们对你说些什么,记住“观其行胜于闻其言”。
6. 肢体动作是表达感情的无意识形式,能向观众传递某种信息。
Cloze20.B
X.
1.C 2.C 3.B 4.A 5.C 6.B 7.C 8.A 9.C 10.C
11.B 12.B 13.A 14.C 15.A 16.B 17.C 18.A 19.A 20.B
Structured Writing
XII.
Body language is important in many cases: trying to win an election, addressing a family party, talking business at a conference, or giving a seminar at school.
Reading Skills
I.
1. Besides speech, people use other forms to communicate.
2. We communicate a great deal with our body movements.
3. The clothes you wear also communicate many things.
4. Small ornaments you wear communicate many things, too.
5. A wealth of information from body language makes snap judgments seem sound.
II.
1.D 2.C 3.C 4.A 5.B 6.B 7.A 8.D
Vocabulary
III.
1. status 2. sign 3. resented 4. promoted 5. assuming
6. estimate 7. campaign 8. judgment 9. acquainted 10. norms
IV.
1. account for 2. in part 3. is content with 4. feel at home 5. lack of
6. in relation to 7. become acquainted with 8. pick up 9. find out 10. a wealth of

新视野大学英语(第二版)第1册Unit 5答案
Vocabulary
III.
1. immune 2. acquire 3. constitutes 4. define 5. infected, infect
6. illustrates 7. emerge 8. emphasize 9. represents 10. threatened
IV.
1. regardless of 2. at risk 3. handing out 4. distracts…from 5. sign up for
6. be infected with 7. guard against 8. feel comfortable with/about 9. in place of
10. suffering from
V. 1.L 2.G 3.I 4.J 5.M 6.D 7.O 8.A   9.C 10.F
Structure
VI.
1. the way he teaches English
2. whom I was expecting to stay with
3. which was lost in the department store yesterday
4. where Mary and I spent our childhood
5. which the whole family considered a great honor
VII.
1. Despite his illness
2. Despite a lot of difficulties
3. despite his old age
4. despite the bad weather
5. despite his hard work
Translation
VIII.
1. I hope that the effort that we’ve made will be of some use to the battle against AIDS.
2. Despite all the efforts form the local organizations in the battle against AIDS, the number of people in rural areas diagnosed with AIDS has been increasing.
3. Please turn off the TV, because the noise will distract her from her homework.
4. It was a long time before the company implemented the program to improve the quality of its goods because of lack of money and necessary equipment.
5. You’d better learn something about the course before signing up for it.
6. The policy is playing a more and more important role in promoting the development of local economy.
IX.
1.病人的免疫系统会将新移植的心脏当成异物面排斥。
2. 有人说我们许多人饮食太糟,缺乏维他命和矿物质,因而我们的身心都受到损害。
3. 生物医学研究将会使很多艾滋病病毒感染者延长寿命,生活少些痛苦。
4. 中央政府已经发布了一项五年行动计划,旨在鼓励社会各部门都参与艾滋病的防治。
5. 一个人感染了艾滋病毒,其症状一般要6到10年后才会表现出来。
6. 许多年来,人们眼睁睁看着艾滋病泛滥成灾,争论着有效的艾滋病防治措施在贫穷国家究竟是否适用。
Cloze
X.
1.C 2.C 3.A 4.B 5.C 6.A 7.B 8.C 9.B 10.B
11.A 12.C 13.A 14.C 15.C
Structured Writing
XII.
Build more tall apartment buildings. The increase in population in cities is creating a housing problem. To solve the problem, one-family houses and older ones are being pulled down to make room for tall apartment buildings. When building space on the ground is used up, we can make use of the space in the air. This will help solve the housing problem in cities.
Section B
Reading Skills
I.
1. 1) I hurt myself when diving
   2) I hit my head on the board
2. 1) I was very worried about something serious.
   2) I was very worried that my wound had left blood in the pool.
3. 1) There was something more significant that winning.
   2) I was very worried that I might infect other divers with AIDS as I spilled my blood in the pool.
II. 1.D 2.D 3.B 4.C 5.C 6.B 7.D 8.D
Vocabulary
III.
1. assist 2. bleeding 3.competing 4. confident 5. explored 6. commenced
7. intense 8. adopted 9. spill 10. confused
IV.
1. Prior of →Prior to 2. confident with →confident of/in 3. by haste →in haste 4. find about→ find out 5. assist his wife on →assist his wife with 6. with fear→for fear 7. competed with each other with → competed with each other for 8. thrust his knife to → thrust his knife into 9. have a shot in → have a shot at 10. starts at → starts with
新视野大学英语(第二版)第1册Unit 6答案
III.
1. boast 2. registered 3. employment 4. peculiar 5. Continuous 6. graduated 7. dump 8. retreat 9. contrary 10. trembled
IV.
1. in 2. of  3. behind 4. about 5. At 6. about/of 7.with 8. by 9. on/upon 10. at
V. 1. F 2. M 3. J  4. G 5.A 6. D 7. O 8. L 9. I 10. C
VI.                     
1. I know who he is. So does she.
2. We have come to realize all work is equally import. So has Sara.
3. I’d like another drink. So would John.
4. I’m not supposed to know who else objects to the plan. Nor/Neither are they.
5. He shouldn’t have imagined there would be joy in picking up trash. Nor/Neither should Steve.
VII.
1. Even if the calculation is right
2. even if they raise the price
3. Even if she may not return me the money
4. even if she doesn’t come
5. Even if we achieve great success in our work
VIII.
1. The police got to the station five minutes after the explosion, and so did the reporters.
2. Even if you disagree with her, she is worth listening to.
3. The news reporters were given nothing but bare facts by the officials in charge of the investigation.
4. The room was well decorated, but the color of the curtain did not go well with the overall style.
5. Whenever we go back to the place where my husband was born, we always make the rounds of his relatives.
6. Contrary to his hope, his girlfriend’s parents are not as approachable as his parents.
IX.
1. 我问过好几个服务员,可他们什么也没说,只朝着我笑,直到这时我才意识到我的英语不够好。
2. 校长对那位院长非常生气,进而解除了他的院长职务。
3. 如果你当着孩子的面问这个问题,即使他想说“是”也可能会说“不是”。
4. 如果你想毕业时获得学位,你要么别玩网上游戏,要么别去打零工。
5. 虽然他未接受过大学教育,他却瞧不起那些没有大学学历的人。
6. 他曾就公司的管理问题提了好几个建议,但没有一个管用。
X.
1. A 2.C 3.B 4.C 5. A 6.C 7.A 8. C 9. B 10.A 11. B 12.B 13.C 14.A 15.C
16. B 17.A 18.C19.B 20.A
XII.
People come to Beijing for different purposes. Thousands upon thousands of foreign students are studying different subjects at universities in Beijing. Every year a large number of foreign businessmen from all pats of the world visit Beijing, for various kinds of business talks or international conferences.  In addition travelers both at home and abroad come to Beijing for visiting places of historic interest during their holidays or visiting their friends and relatives in
Beijing.
I.  
1. spend part of his time on
2. continue to support himself with drugs and food
3. settle their accounts with the company/and money owed to them
4. nervous and worried
5. a person who is likely to suffer a heart attack
II
1.D 2.D 3.C 4.D 5.A 6.C 7.B 8.B
III.     
1.Devoting 2. bear 3. accurate 4. manufacturing 5.inquiry 6. afford 7. admired 8. replacing 9. retired 10. ignored
IV.
1. out 2. up 3. out 4. around 5. up 6. to 7. to 8. for 9. of 10.to
新视野大学英语(第二版)第1册Unit 7答案
Vocabulary
III.
1. identify 2. attach 3. instinct 4. polish 5. unusual 6. offend 7. detail 8. slight 9. foundation 10. rob
IV.
1. details 2. robbed 3. offended   4. polishing 5. identify 6. slight 7. instinct 8. attached 9. foundation 10. unusual
V.
1.attached to 2. Looking through 3. hold dear 4. pulling into 5. face to face with 6. rather than 7. out of control 8. eaten away at 9. have mercy on 10. got to their feet
VI.
1. G 2.H 3.J 4.L 5.O 6.A 7.C 8.M 9.D 10.E
Sentence structure
1. They should have their pay increased.
2. I had my first book accepted for publication that year.
3. George had his papers taken form him at the police station
4. I had my wallet stolen while I was on holiday.
5. The couple are going to have their wedding photos enlarged at the store.
VIII.
1. rather than to her daughter
2. rather than harm them
3. rather than leaving everything to the last minute
4. Rather than using the last of my cash
5. rather than increase pay
Translation
IX.
1. The police had the photograph of the missing girl enlarged so that they could recognize her easily.
2. When I go to work, I prefer to take a bus rather than drive and that morning was no exception.
3. When he saw his granddaughter coming into the house (Seeing his granddaughter coming into the house), the old man got to his feet and moved several steps unexpectedly as if he could walk by himself.
4. At that time we focused our attention on that painting without noticing anything unusual around us, and we can’t offer any additional details.
5. The couple pulled their car into the parking lot and then headed for the cinema.
6. It’s a question we have to face no matter how unpleasant it is.
X.
1. 经验告诉他,妇女的天性昌保护自己而不是去伤害攻击者。
2. 自从她把墙重新粉刷了后,这房间好看多了。
3. 在这个国家的许多地方,青少年犯罪已经失去了控制,这个城市也不例外。
4. 抢劫案发生后的几周,他不敢出门,害怕自己再次与劫匪面对面遭遇。
5. 受害者向警察描述她是怎样突然遭到一个从灌木丛中出来的人抢劫的。
6. 如今,对许多美国人来说,周末工作已经不幸地成为了惯例,而不是例外。
Cloze
XI.
1.C 2.B 3.C 4.A 5.A 6.B 7.B 8.C 9.A 10.C
11.A 12.B 13.C 14.A 15.B 16.B 17.C 18.A 19.C 20.C
Text Structure Analysis
XII.
Analysis:
The set of actions leading to the main idea:
got up to his feet, found the keys, entered his house and called 911
the operator took a description and sent a police car
had a drink, the policemen came and took a report
Main idea: He reported the robbery to the police.
Structured Writing
XIII.
I climbed the ladder, heard my dive announced, and started the moves to thrust myself into the air. Then I dove into the pool. I enjoyed the quietness underwater, and then swam to the side of the pool. I was wondering about my score when suddenly, my coach leaped into the air. The crowd cheered, and I knew I’d won the gold medal.
Section B
Reading Skills
I,
1. For self-defense
2. She is afraid that she might kill someone.
3. According to the following paragraphs, the write feels uncomfortable about the imagined robbery because she unfairly imagined the robber was a black man.
4. According to common sense, a robber must be physically strong. The writer doesn’t see women as being strong enough to rob someone, and she thinks of black men as particularly dangerous.
5. A neighborhood with a bad name because of frequent crime, violence, or safely dangerous.
6. Killing a human being just for money is wrong, according to the writer.
7. Locking the doors at the sight of a black man is really shameful.
8. This means that the writer hopes the robber takes away the money and no violence occurs.
II.
1.C 2.B 3.C 4.B 5.C 6.B 7.A 8.C
Vocabulary
III.
1. intention 2. advocates 3. violence 4. dominate 5. reveal 6. omitted 7. confronted 8. affected 9. intended 10. transported
IV.
1. is intended for 2. be capable of 3. At the sight of 4. live with 5. are immune to 6. keep… from 7. Ignorance of 8. heard of 9. affected by 10. in reality
新视野大学英语(第二版)第1册Unit 8答案

Vocabulary
III
1. sources 2. stable 3. process 4. composed 5. observing 6. combination 7. explosion 8. existence 9. occupied 10. creation
IV.
1. at 2.in 3.on 4.for 5.on 6. between 7. for 8.with 9.at 10.of
V.
1.J 2.L 3.G 4.M 5.O 6.A 7.I 8.B 9.D 10.E
Sentence Structure
VI.
1. It is easiest to examine the sudden arrival of a new idea in the great creative personalities, many of whom experienced it in an intensified form.
2. The Gaels’ offspring are the modern Scots and Irish, some of whom still speak the Gaelic language.
3. George explained that this was the official dress for taking examination, many of which wee held in June.
4. The Miracle, for which his unconscious mind had been seeking for so long, happened at last.
5. The conscious mind at the moment of creation knew nothing of the actual processes through which the solution was found.
VII.
1. the more knowledge he will have
2. the less he liked it
3. the less you have to pay for it
4. the more exciting it will be
5. the greater progress you will make
Translation
III.
1. There are twenty universities in this city, some of which are world-famous.
2. the more he thinks about it, the angrier he becomes.
3. She was filled with pity for the innocent victims.
4. He was occupied with his business matters and didn’t have time to think about a holiday.
5. The country’s economy depends to some degree on the import of raw materials.
6. After several discussions between the members of the committee, a new plan of action began to take shape.
IX.
1. 出租汽车公司新雇了50个司机,其中有的人刚拿到驾驶证。
2. 一个人越没有智慧,就越不知道自己缺的就是智慧。
3. 暂时没有必要采取任何行动。过一晚再作决定,明天上午告诉我你的想法。
4. 近年来经济形势恶化,寻求紧急食品和住房援助的美国穷人数目去年增加了7%。
5. 我们的消息来源说,下星期有可能发生另一次袭击,也许就在城市中心地区。
6. 在这个医疗体系内,对各位医生支付的款项按照他们当月的医疗成本进行调整。
Cloze
X. 1.B 2.A 3.B 4.C 5.A 6.A 7.B 8.C 9.A 10.A
11.B 12.C 13.A 14.B 15.A 16.C 17.C 18.A 19.B 20.A
Structured Writing
XII.
When I stated to learn English at my junior middle school, I had a kind and patient teacher. She was very encouraging to all of her students. Because of her encouragement, I answered every question I could eagerly, never worrying much about making mistakes. I was at the top of my class for two years. In contrast, the method by which I was taught English in senior middle school was not well suited to my learning style. My new teacher quickly punished those who gave wrong answers. Whenever we answered incorrectly, she would shout at us. As a result I lost my desire and confidence and did not make any progress in learning.
Section B
Reading Skills
I.
1.A 2.B 3C 4.C 5.A
1.A 2.B 3.D 4.C 5.C 6.B 7.D 8.A
Vocabulary
III.
1.advantage 2. remarked 3. claimed 4.convince 5. productive
6. enquiry 7. potential 8. transfer 9. recall 10.enhance
IV.
1. together 2. On 3.of 4.for 5.up 6.away 7.on/upon 8. in 9.to 10.of
新视野大学英语(第2版)第1册Unit 9答案
III.
1. accomplish 2. responsibility 3. amount 4. performance 5. alter
6. adapt 7. aroused 8. remarkable 9. investigate 10. entertain
IV.
1. out 2.to 3.in 4.from 5.back 6.as 7.with 8.with 9.behind 10.on
V.
1.G 2.L 3.D 4.F 5.K 6.N 7.O 8.I 9.C 10.A
Sentence Structure
VI.
1. Should you change your mind, no one will be upset.
2. Should a serious crisis arise, the public would have to be informed of it.
3. Should you fail in the exam, your parents and teacher will not blame you.
4. Should you have a major change in your plan, let us know in time.
5. should your car break down, change to a bus.
VII.
1. You should talk to your teacher instead of just complaining to me about it.
2. They raised prices and cut production, instead of cutting costs.
3. He decided that he would drive back to town instead of putting up for the night at the hotel.
4. He nodded his head instead of saying anything where his voice might express the real truth.
5. My mother prefers making her own clothes instead of buying clothes in the shops.
Translation
VIII.
1. Should you have any doubt about the plan, please feel free to contact us at any time.
2. We have learned how to face reality instead of escaping from it.
3. It just proves that you can’t hope to turn in a worthy report if you haven’t done enough preparation.
4. We have to face that possibility no matter how unlikely it may sound.
5. The newcomers found it hard to adapt themselves to the climate there.
6. It strikes me as odd that school children are required to come to school two hours before class.
IX.
1. 遗憾的是,他也一点英语都不会说,但是如果你想去某个地方,把地址写下来交给他就行了。
2. 下次你若有问题,要考虑怎样改变处境,不要过于担心各种负面因素。
3. 不管什么天气,她平均每天跑15英里。
4. 好的摄影作品和普通的摄影作品最重要的一个区别因素是用光手法。
5. 实际上,大多数员工从不愿意把新产品使用手册坚持看完。
6. 一旦你感到放松后,就把注意力集中在音乐上,看看心中有什么意象出现。
Cloze
X.
1.B 2.C 3.A 4.A 5.B 6.B 7.A 8.C 9.B 110.A 11.A 12.C 3.B 14.C 15.C
Structured Writing
XII.
Visual aids offer several advantages. The primary advantage is clarity. If you are discussing an object, you can make your message clearer by showing the object. If you are citing statistics, showing how something works, or demonstrating a technique, a visual aid will make you information more vivid to your audience. By using visual aids in your speeches, you often will make it easier for listeners to understand exactly what you are trying to communicate. Another advantage of visual aids is interest. The interest generated by visual images is so strong that visual aids are now widely used in many areas, not just speechmaking.
Section B
Reading Skills
I.
1.B 2.B 3.D
II. 1.D 2.C 3.B 4.C 5.A 6.D 7.D 8.C
Vocabulary
III.
1. available 2. banned 3. predict 4. fate 5. host
6. posted 7. advertise 8 enormous 9. involves 10. survey
IV.
1. out 2. from 3. out 4. for 5.to 6.up 7.in 8.in 9. through 10.about
新视野大学英语(第2版)第1册Unit 10答案
Vocabulary
III.
1. preserve 2. clarify 3. demonstrating 4. scarce 5. assured
6. ensured 7. conscience 8. integrity 9. yield 10. appointed
IV.
1.to 2.In 3.of 4.for 5.on/upon 6.of 7.in 8.at 9.to 10.with
V.
1.G 2.L 3.B 4.O 5.D 6.N 7.C 8.E 9.I 10.K
Sentence Structure
VI.
1. Where I live there are plenty of sheep.
2. Your coat is where you left it.
3. I will go where you go.
4. Where conscience remains integrity stays.
5. Where he appears laughter can be heard.
VII.
1. What I say and do
2. what matters is not winning but participating
3. what we students should always keep in mind
4. what it takes to start and run a company
5. what we should do today
Translation
VIII.
1. I keep the picture where I can see it very day as it reminds me of my university days.
2. In some countries, what is called “equality” does not really mean equal rights for all people.
3. He is used to keeping a dictionary at hand so that he can find the meaning of new words he comes across.
4. When confronted with personal pressure, you should stand firmly for your belief that you will reach your ultimate goal.
5. In other words, be yourself and face reality, but don’t sell out to convenience.
6. I don’t like those people who always rely on external factors in order to feel good about themselves.
IX.
1. 汤姆相信“为钱而挣钱”,他的许多老同学都认为他的把自己卖给了营利主义。
2. 重要的是,你只有学会了尊重自己,才能赢得别人的尊重。
3. 使他取得成功的是他的决心,他不甘屈服的精神,也可能还有他的正直。
4. 老师表扬了那些学习用功、考试考得好的学生。
5. 通过唱唱歌,散散步,欣赏欣赏自然界的美,我就能使自己感觉良好。
6. 如果你继续这样努力工作,你在任何别的公司都能干得很好。
Cloze
X.
1.C 2.B 3.A 4.B 5.C 6.A 7.C 8.C 9.A 0.A
11.B 12.A 13.C 4.C 15.B 16.C 7.A 8.C 19.A 20.C

Structured Writing
XII.

Persistence is essential to success. Probably the greatest example of persistence is Abraham Lincoln. Born into poverty, Lincoln was faced with defeat throughout his life. He lost eight elections, twice failed in business and suffered a nervous breakdown. He could have quit many times. But he didn’t and because he didn’t quit, he was elected and became one of the greatest presidents in the history of the United States.
Section B
Reading skills
I.
1—F 2—E 3—A 4—G 5—B 6—C 7—D
II.
1. D 2.A 3.C 4.C 5.A 6.D 7.C 8.B
Vocabulary
III.
1. cheated 2. inclined 3. reconciled 4. contemporary 5. transformed 6. notion 7. ultimate 8. appropriate 9. curb 10. expense
IV.
1. to 2.of 3.as 4.for 5.over 6.in 7.of 8.on 9.of 10.of
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

您尚未登录,请登录后浏览更多精彩内容!
 立即注册
找回密码

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|特投网 ( 皖ICP备13010674号-1 

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 23:01 , Processed in 0.036646 second(s), 18 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.